Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have a OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875 - 0034. This computer is about 2 years old now and it’s having some problems. On startup it automatically does 3 long beeps and 2 short beeps. I have tried taking out the RAM and reinstalling it but that doesn’t seem to solve the problem. I would really love to use this PC again, can anyone help me solve this problem?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @BurtonBros15 

(1) Shutdown your computer

(2) Remove Power cable

(3) Check all cable connections to the mainboard !

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-1000i/25644598/document/c0612...

(4) Open the case and remove the CMOS battery

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-1000i/25644598/model/28355573...

ub6424_0-1656293892205.png

(5) Press and hold power button for 30 seconds

(6) insert CMOS battery [ Check Voltage should have 3V, otherwise replace (type CR2032) ]

(7) Plugin Power cable

(8) Start computer and ENTER BIOS to load setup defaults, save and exit 

(9) If (8) fails check all cable connections to the mainboard:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-1000i/25644598/document/c0612...

(10) Start computer and ENTER BIOS to load setup defaults, save and exit 

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you so much @Ub6423 for the feedback! I followed all instructions that you wrote, the computer starts up and still beeps while I try to enter BIOS. The BIOS screen won’t display and the computer projects no image but after a while of trying to enter BIOS, the computer stops beeping. What else should I do?

HP Recommended

Hello @BurtonBros15 

@BurtonBros15 wrote:

Thank you so much @Ub6423 for the feedback! I followed all instructions that you wrote, the computer starts up and still beeps while I try to enter BIOS. The BIOS screen won’t display and the computer projects no image but after a while of trying to enter BIOS, the computer stops beeping. What else should I do?

- What RAM do you use ? Specification ? Details ? Send pictures where you installed the RAM.

- What graphic card do you use ? Specification ? Details ?

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I use the default RAM that was installed in the computer, it’s a HyperX with 16GB of RAM. That is where the RAM is located on the computer.

image.jpg

 I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card, that was pre-built in the computer.

HP Recommended

Hello @BurtonBros15 

- Power off your computer

- Disconnect power cable

- Remove the SKhynix 256GB NVMe (drive), just for a test.

- Move RAM to another slot.

- Connect power cabel

- Check if the graphic card is correct seated !

- connect keyboard/mouse

- Start and test again if you get into the BIOS

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hi @BurtonBros15  @ub6424 

sorry but, just check

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code | HP® Customer Support

The red light blinks three times, and then two, short white light blinks (3 long red, 2 short white)

This condition indicates a potential memory failure.

If it doesn't work in another slot, probably no other choice , to change it

it's up to you, even if it can help, disassemble everything, reassemble, risk of causing another problem, for nothing

I'm just warning you because I've come across this before.
the user makes a wrong manipulation and the motherboard breaks down, will no longer work even after replacing the defective module

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello @Prométhée 

thanks for the note.

@Prométhée wrote:

This condition indicates a potential memory failure.

If it doesn't work in another slot, probably no other choice , to change it

As I said before:

- Move RAM to another slot.

See:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Omen-Desktop-3-Long-Beeps-2-Sho...

We hope the best for @BurtonBros15 

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I have successfully made it into BIOS. Should I put back the SKhynix 256GB NVMe (drive) back into the computer? If yes, what should I do when I am in BIOS?

HP Recommended

Hello @BurtonBros15 

@BurtonBros15 wrote:

I have successfully made it into BIOS. Should I put back the SKhynix 256GB NVMe (drive) back into the computer? If yes, what should I do when I am in BIOS?

- Shutdown computer ! ( press and hold the power button until shutdown is done )

- Disconnect power cable

- Yes, put back the 256GB NVMe (carefully, don't touch copper contacts or technical parts)

- Connect power cabel

- Start and test

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.