19 10 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Ordering USB Recovery Media for my ENVY 32 AIO

HP Recommended
ENVY 32 All-In-One 32-a0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having an issue with my new computer and in short the HP Support person could not solve the problem.  They guided me through a new install.  However, it ended my system was wiped and a new Windows 10 installed.  It is NOT factory default out of the box.  I am missing HP software and some of what I did upload does not work.  There are other quirks as well.

I noticed I could purchase a recovery USB for my specific ENVY 32 AIO.   My Question, is this going to be a TOTAL HP factory default recovery as out of the Box?

p.s.  I'm upset I was mislead by HP that I was getting a factory default recovery with what they instructed me to do.  After doing the new install together I realized this is not Factory Default.  They said just go  to HP Support and download.    That did not work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,210 122,387 20,117 30,849
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Before you order recovery media from HP, did you make the bootable USB recovery drive using the cloud recovery tool?

Your PC should be supported by this utility.

It will install W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

the HP recovery media is supposed to return your PC's hard drive to its out of the box condition.

So should the cloud recovery tool.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Before you order recovery media from HP, did you make the bootable USB recovery drive using the cloud recovery tool?

Your PC should be supported by this utility.

It will install W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

the HP recovery media is supposed to return your PC's hard drive to its out of the box condition.

So should the cloud recovery tool.

View solution in original post

Phoenix_123
Author
Level 2
19 10 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul,

Thanks for responding so promptly.  Yesterday I tried Cloud Recovery and I got  Not Available for my Computer.  Your response made me try again and for whatever reason it worked.  I am now on my Factory Default ENVY 32 AIO.  Appears to be  working great.  I have no idea why the HP staff member lead me down the other direction.  Cloud Recovery worked well.

Thanks so much, you saved me time and money. 😀

Laverne

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Laverne.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation