Top Student
8 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Overheating problems

HP OMEN 880-112nw

Hello!

Today I was playing some GTA V. Everything was running very nice. When I pressed the Windows Button to change the music that i was playing on Spotify my computer started making very loud motorcycle-like noises and a second after the screen turnt black and it was saying "No Signal" even tho the pc was still running and making motorcycle noises. When it happened i quickly

pulled the plug out of the electric contact. I haven't done anything to my computer except upgrading the graphics card to an

RTX 2070 FE. I had it for like 6 months and nothing was happening until today. Is it normal or is it something serious?

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,358 15,945 906 1,019
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Overheating problems

@Staach

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform a  Power Drain the Omen Computer 

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Unplug all the cables from the back of the computer.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release it to drain the flea power (static electricity.)
  4. Reconnect all cables back again and turn on your computer.

Update the BIOS, Chipset and Graphics card driver t check if that works fine using HP support assistant6.

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation