Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

P7-1107c won't shut power off after shutdown with Windows 10 Pro

HP Recommended
Pavilion P7-1107C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just replaced the HD on my Pavilion P7-1107C desktop PC with a SSD and installed Windows 10 Pro.  All works A-OK, except when I shut down from the Start menu, Windows shuts down, but the PC will not power off.  The only way I can power off is to hold the power button down for about 5 seconds, then it powers off.  The PC had Windows 10 Home on the old HD and I can reconnect it, boot up, and shut down with no issues.  This leads me to believe the issue is within Windows 10 Pro, and not a motherboard issue as suggested elsewhere.  I have tried all the power settings modifications suggested, and even reinstalled Windows 10 Pro....all to no avail.  Any advice is appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1
Technicalshamu
Level 4
137 128 6 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just check any update is there or not for ur computer by going to update and security in setting app in windows 10 .

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation