Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 590 p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC started fine but almost immediately shut down advising me it had overheated.  PC had been on hibernation all night, so no chance for heat to build up.  Happened once before and noticed one of the vents was partially blocked. I've made sure to keep vent clear since then.  Shut down again as I was registering for this site (approximately 2 hrs. after startup).  Since the first overheat a few weeks ago , have been on the PC for hours every day and have not had any more problems until today.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CarlosF1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the PC overheated immediately after startup.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06365289

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks a million, Praveen196 for your kind response. I would have thanked you sooner, but my email buried you in the 

SPAM file and I ran into it by chance.  Now, I described my problem perfectly.  However I forgot to mention the most important thing :  I have a brand new computer!!!!!! All of the fixes in the article are about dust buildup which is not possible with a computer that I started using at the end of March 2020.  I made sure to keep the vents clear after the first scare.  This seems to be some kind of an anomaly. Please remember the first time the PC had been on for minutes. No way to overheat.  It's a brand new computer so dust cannot be an issue. Fortunately, this nastiness has not happened again, but I would still like an explanation, or a solution.  Thanking you again for taking your time to respond, CarlosF1

HP Recommended

@CarlosF1

Thank you for the update.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.