Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PC shuts down

HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0038na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have only had the pc since 1st February 2020 , it sits in a room at 16-18°C with a wooden floor.

Once I start it  it will work for about 30 minutes at a guess, then I receive the notice Monitor going to  Sleep and the colour card sometimes saying no signal.

Thinking it was the monitor I reconnected my Vista pc to the monitor and disconnected the new one. There was no problems with screen.

Following day back on the 590 it started again shutting down, yet the power light on the pc on button stayed on. The periods became shorter until I only got the black screen with the white HP logo, before it shut down.

Tried the Virtual Agent - complete waste of time. 

The so called free HP help is not on an 0800 number and the other alternatives aren't viable.

I saw on one of the post on here about hitting ESC until the safe mode came up. I have carried out various tests and so far over 3 hours the screen has been ok  and Tests Passed.

Not completed all the tests yet. 

But I am a bit stumped on what is wrong especially on a new machine. I had a similar problem in 2007 on an old 570/ 590 Millnm/ XP I think,  but it was 7 years old at this point and I had vacuumed the inside. My Vista pc  @ 14 years old is fine.

1 REPLY 1
mareng681
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Temps & computers.png.png

Somebody at HP  should read  what has actually been written, it contradicts itself  and 1°C change is not 34° F its about 2°  F change.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation