Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp omni 200 5320uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. So I bought used all in one pc as working on laptop during this lockdown was painful due to small screen. Everything seemed fine with PC but then it started switching off without warning as I was trying to do more on it. Like open few browser tabs etc. The fan would start working louder and then boom - Black screen. It let's me switch it back on straight away and then works fine until I overload it. Wouldn't call 3 browser tabs overloading though. So anyways... I opened it and cleaned the fan and everything else as it was never cleaned. I replaced HDD with Ssd. I installed windows 10 from windows 7, but to my surprise it still crashes and I have no idea why. I ran lots of diagnostics and all came back fine so I wonder if it could be power problem and I should just replace power adapter? Anyone has any ideas? Maybe someone had similar problem? Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Vikzz 

Not being able to see the PC, my guess is that the original owner replaced the HP power supply with a cheaper one that does not supply the 180W of the HP supply.  You should look at the details printed on it to see what it says.

You can also use this link to get part numbers -- and compare them to the number on your power supply:  HP PartSurfer

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your message. AC adaptor (pic attached) looks original HP one but it's max 90W not 108W. After following your link for original parts I can see that the one I have is not the original one. 

IMG_20200529_000237.jpg

HP Recommended

@Vikzz 

A laptop could run on 90W or even 65W, but an All-in-One will take a lot more.  The specs for that PC say the power supply is 180W, so if you get the right one, you should not have the power problem anymore.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi. Received 150w power adaptor today and it worked fine for a bit so was happy but then thought will try running full ps scan on Windows defender and pc shut down very quickly after starting it. So I guess it wasn't power problem then 😔

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.