Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DC7700
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_2801103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_070002
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_0700

and

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_0780

Experts in the house should please come to my aid.

I just upgraded my Hp DC7700. I was able to get all the drivers except for the PCI SERIAL PORT and PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER that are missing. above are the hardware ids of the two missing drivers

I have checked the HP drivers download page but could not find anything. The only drivers I saw were for windows Xp and vista which I tried downloading and installing but got error message that it does not support the operating system.

I have done windows update, yet the drivers are still missing.

Kindly help me because as it is now, I cannot instal any printer on my system. I have HP printers (Laserjet 1200, 1320 and CP1515) that I needed to instal on the system.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no W7 drivers for those device.  You have to use the Vista drivers and if the auto install doesn't work, you will have to manually install the drivers by browsing to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file, from the device in the device manager (Browse my computer for driver software).

This package contains the Intel Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI)driver for access to Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the listed desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34743.exe

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the supported desktop models and
operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34744.exe

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no W7 drivers for those device.  You have to use the Vista drivers and if the auto install doesn't work, you will have to manually install the drivers by browsing to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file, from the device in the device manager (Browse my computer for driver software).

This package contains the Intel Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI)driver for access to Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the listed desktop models and operating systems.

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the supported desktop models and
operating systems.

HP Recommended

@REO51ST wrote:

@olasdot

Try this one.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_96436_1

REO

Thank you Reo,

I tried but did not work.

Please what else can I do?

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

operating systems.

Hello Paul,

I tried to instal it manually as directed by you, yet the problem is still there. The two drivers are still missing.

Please what else can I do? I'm getting frustrated because I need to instal the printers for my work.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

I know why the PCI Serial Port driver didn't work, but the HECI driver should have.

As you can see from this partial copy and paste of the HECI driver setup information file, it supports the hardware ID's you posted.

PCI Simple Comms Controller...

;--------- Manufacturer and Models Sections ----------------------------------

[Manufacturer]
%MfgName% = Intel, NTx86.6.0, NTx86.5.2, NTx86.5.1, NTamd64

[Intel.NTx86.6.0]
; DisplayName               Section           DeviceId
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2974
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2984
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29A4

PCI Serial Port...I took a look at the file contents of that one, and I only see drivers for 64 bit--even though that file is supposed to be for both 32 and 64 bit, like the HECI driver is.

So...try the one directly from Intel...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/11559/AMT-Intel-AMT-SOL-Driver-for-965-Chipset-Based-Intel...

I see that this file does contain support for 32 bit.

[Manufacturer]
%Intel%=Intel, NTx86.6.0, NTx86.5.2, NTx86.5.1

[Intel.NTx86.6.0]
; Windows Vista
%E2987_serial.DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2987&CC_0700"
%E2997_serial.DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_0700"

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul,

I tried installing the intel driver you sent now but telling me 'windows not supported'. So I restarted my system and retried installing manually as you posted yesterday. 

I am happy to tell you that the two drivers have been installed now. I'm so happy.

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH PAUL.

There is another issue i have with the graphics. I do not know whether to open another thread for this or you will help me through here too.

THe GRAPHICS PROBLEM. The screen and the icons on the screen are big.  The pages also hang. any solution for that?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sounds to me like you need to install the graphics driver.

Do you know what graphics adapter the PC has?

It could come with the standard onboard Intel graphics or it can have the optional AMD or nvidia graphics adapters.

If you don't know, please post the hardware ID for the graphics adapter needing the driver.

Go to the device manager, and click to expand the display adapters device category.

There you will probably see a device listed as a Standard VGA Adapter.

That means the graphics driver is missing and needs to be installed.

Click on the Standard VGA Adapter and post the hardware ID for it like you did the other two devices.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thanks for all the help. I think the VGA issue has been resolved.

Please it is this printer Hp laserjet 1200 that i'm having issue with. I have installed the remaining printers but having problem with this one. 

Here is the hardware id:

DOT4PRT\VID_03F0&PID_0317&REV_0100
DOT4PRT\VID_03F0&PID_0317
VID_03F0&PID_0317&REV_0100

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not provide any drivers for that model for W7.

This is the info they provide on the support page...

You do not need to download drivers for this product. Print drivers for your product are available within the Windows 7 operating system. Use Devices and Printers, formerly known as the Add Printer Wizard, to obtain the Windows 7 update.

But it looks like you can get the driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog below.

You want the first one listed for 32 bit.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Hp%20laserjet%201200%20

I downloaded it, explored the file using 7-zip, and found the hardware ID you posted.

I think all you need to do is to run the file after you download it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.