Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Have just reinstalled Win 8.1 X64 back onto my system after replacing H/D using HP supplied discs. Noticed I had three errors re no drivers installed. Have resolved the third issue but have tried various links from the forum but with no joy re these detailed below. Has anyone any idea's. Regards

PCI Simple Communications Controller

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_18E7103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

PCI Serial Port

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&SUBSYS_18E7103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B3 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Those devices are part of the "Remote Management" feature -- a centralized system-administrator on a corporate network can access the computer, and make updates.

Have you run the "HP Support Assistant"?

It should find the missing 'AMT' device-drivers.

Of course, if you are the only "administrator", you do not need to install that support -- your computer will work fine without it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Those devices are part of the "Remote Management" feature -- a centralized system-administrator on a corporate network can access the computer, and make updates.

Have you run the "HP Support Assistant"?

It should find the missing 'AMT' device-drivers.

Of course, if you are the only "administrator", you do not need to install that support -- your computer will work fine without it.

HP Recommended

Thanks MDK yes did try HP Support but did not resolve. As these are for Remote Management and have no use for this option will disable. Thanks for the help.

Regards

HP Recommended

Just for the record, if you (or somebody else reading this discussion) want the driver:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-600-g1-small-form-factor-pc/5387447 

Expand the: Driver-Chipset(3) branch, and select Intel(R) AMT LMS_SOL for AMT 9.5

Description:

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system.  [ SOL == Serial Interface Over LAN ]

Revision (17-DEC-2016): See: http://support.hp.com/us-en/products/desktops/prodesk-desktops/

and select your particular model of the 'ProDesk 600' series.

HP Recommended

This link is dead though. I am also in need of the driver. It seems the problem is generic.

HP Recommended

> I am also in need of the driver.

Why do you think that you need the device-driver software? What capability do you need, but currently do not have?

If you have a "home" computer, you do not need to install anything.

> It seems the problem is generic.

Those devices are part of the "Remote Management" feature -- a centralized system-administrator on a corporate network can access your computer, and make updates.

Of course, if you are the only "administrator" of your own computer, you do not need to install that support -- your computer will work fine without it.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I just did not like to see yellow exclamation in my device manager.

I will leave it as is, since I am the only person to use this PC.

I think this would bother many people who still want to use their older PCs with modern OS.    

HP Recommended

>  I think this would bother many people who still want to use their older PCs with modern OS.    

Most people do not know about the "Device Manager" page.

Many people who do know about the page would not know what to do on that page.

It's usually the "modern" (not the "older") PCs that have the "Remote Management" capability.

Those manufacturers, including HP and Lenovo, build computers that are targeted for the "corporate network" environment, and thus contain the 'AMT' feature.

If the "modern" software is running on an "older" PC that lacks the 'AMT' feature, there will not be any "yellow-triangle" markers within Device Manager.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.