Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15AC650TU i5 4210
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi,

PCI simple communication controller & Ethernet controller are not installed on my laptop, HP 15ac650tu, i5 (4th Gen) 64 bit, V5D75PA..

please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

PCI simple communication controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp71258.exe

Ethernet controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71268.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

PCI simple communication controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp71258.exe

Ethernet controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71268.exe

HP Recommended

it worked, thanks a lot..

one more problem from beginning.. 

i CAN'T connect my laptop to my TV.. for bigger screen display.

i have attached the HDMI cable at the correct places.. i guess some settings needs to be changed in laptop, pls help me in this..

as all my other laptops get connected to TV except this one. 

pls guide.

Regards,

Vishal

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did you install the graphics driver?

That would be the only suggestion I can offer if the HDMI is not working.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp71257.exe

HP Recommended

yes, the graphics driver is installed..

integrated intel graphics card.

i downloaded the above file and tried, but still it didn't work..

i also checked the display settingsin control panel, it only shows the display of laptop, not the TV display..

i guess it is something to do with some display setings on laptop or a driver of HDMI which can't read it..

pls help..

Regards,

Vishal

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be if the graphics driver is installed.

The switch should be automatic when you connect the cable.

I suggest you start a new post regarding that issue.

HP Recommended

it worked now... the file u sent for installation did work after i restrarted my lappi.

Thanks a lot for ur help. Appreciated

Regards,

Vishal

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I'm surprised the driver did not prompt you to restart your notebook.

Anytime you install a major driver like the chipset, audio or graphics, always restart the PC afterward.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.