Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-xa0036
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On the drivers page for this device (24-xa0036, Product number: 4NM87AA) none of the three BIOS packages provided will install.  I make a USB flash drive from the driver package provided.  I boot to the system diagnostics (ESC, then F2), select Firmware, then select the firmware on the flash drive provided (for example 084F0.bin) and I get a message that the BIOS version is not intended for my system.   I have Windows 10 Home 20H2.

Here are my motherboard details:

Manufacturer HP
Model 84EE (U3E1)
Version 1100
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Coffee Lake
Chipset Revision 07
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model IDA304
Southbridge Revision 10
BIOS:
Brand AMI
Version F.25
Date 25/05/2020

Please suggest an upgrade path....

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

This (Link) is the correct BIOS update for your motherboard.

The HP BIOS download is an executable, is there a reason you are working with a .bin file (this brings back memories)? The HP BIOS, to the best of my knowledge, is not capable of updating the BIOS when working within the BIOS.

Some HP BIOS executables can be converted to bootable USB media. You would see this option when you run the downloaded file.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.