Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s7727c
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I had an issue where I was getting the blue screen of death and also the computer was running way slow and locking up after getting rid of the blue screen issue.  I wanted to retore to factory settings and found that drive 😧 is empty.  Not sure where the files went but want to know a reliable source to purchase the files to restore to factory settings.  So far I found a company restore.solutions but dont know if they are reputable.  Any ideas would be appreciated to get this computer going at normal speeds again and not taking 15-30 mins to startup.  Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wmm383, welcome to the forum.

Since HP most likely won't have the disks, I suggest trying this company.  They have been used by several members of the Forums.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Wmm383, welcome to the forum.

Since HP most likely won't have the disks, I suggest trying this company.  They have been used by several members of the Forums.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Checked Computer Surgeons and Restore Discs with no hits.

I know nothing about Restore Solutions.

HP is no longer providing the option to purchase a recovery disc set.

You can no longer legally download Win Vista from Microsoft.

It appears you may have run out of options.

Blue Screens, lock ups, and poor performance could indicate additional hardware problems.

Maybe you should try a system restore. Or consider installing a user friendly version of Linux such as Linux Mint.

Jay

HP Recommended
I sent them a message and they replied back with a link for 27.00. Plan to order once I get my check. Thanks much
HP Recommended
Computer Surgeons that is
HP Recommended

Hi,

That is good you got the restore discs at Computer Surgeons.

I could not get a hit using your product at their website.

Jay

HP Recommended
I wasn't either but sent them a message with all the s/n and all and within a cpl hours they replied with the link
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.