Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Model:27-A030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Woke up this morning to a message stating the following:

Hard Drive Message.jpg

Not too sure if I can/should replace the hard drive? I do like the all in one system ... 

If I can replace the hard drive that would be okay for now or should I invest in a new system. I purchased this in 2016 so any warranties are gone. Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CookiesCrumbs 

That message means the drive is failing and could go out any time -- could last for 6 months, could fail tomorrow.  No real way to know.

As to replacing it, the All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops with external keyboards and mice, so they generally take standard laptop drives.  It would be a LOY cheaper to get another drive than to get a new PC, but if this were mine, I would look into getting a  SATA SSD instead of a new laptop drive.  Those cost more, but they would give your PC a serious performance boost.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CookiesCrumbs 

That message means the drive is failing and could go out any time -- could last for 6 months, could fail tomorrow.  No real way to know.

As to replacing it, the All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops with external keyboards and mice, so they generally take standard laptop drives.  It would be a LOY cheaper to get another drive than to get a new PC, but if this were mine, I would look into getting a  SATA SSD instead of a new laptop drive.  Those cost more, but they would give your PC a serious performance boost.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

hi

you can certainly replace it
if other than that the computer was still working it might be worth it

[edit] oops sorry I did not see the answer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, I am pretty sure that I am at the "failed" point. 

I have replaced hard drives in standard "towers" before but will have to really look into how to actually get at the hard drive as I am not sure how to open it 🙂

Thank you for the response ... Cookie

HP Recommended

check if it is this model

There are the manuals, but see if it' s good

Hard Drive Replacement Instructions

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

I recently noticed manuals which did not correspond to the computer, we had to look for them elsewhere

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I just ordered this ...

HP S700 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 6MC15AA#ABC

I am hoping that this will resolve the issue. Thank you for sending that information as well. I was able to watch a YouTube video which went thru a HD change out as well and I realized that opening up the back wasn't hard at all.

My only concern will be that when I purchased the computer (from Best Buy) I don't recall any system reboot disks with it. Not sure how I will recreate that but I will come back to you guys if I run into problems.

Thanks so much ... Cookie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.