Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CookiesCrumbs
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion Touch-Screen All-In-One - Intel Core i5 - 12GB Memory - 1TB - HP Hard Drive Failure

HP Recommended
Pavilion Model:27-A030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Woke up this morning to a message stating the following:

Hard Drive Message.jpg

Not too sure if I can/should replace the hard drive? I do like the all in one system ... 

If I can replace the hard drive that would be okay for now or should I invest in a new system. I purchased this in 2016 so any warranties are gone. Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,677 32,577 2,963 7,277
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CookiesCrumbs 

That message means the drive is failing and could go out any time -- could last for 6 months, could fail tomorrow.  No real way to know.

As to replacing it, the All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops with external keyboards and mice, so they generally take standard laptop drives.  It would be a LOY cheaper to get another drive than to get a new PC, but if this were mine, I would look into getting a  SATA SSD instead of a new laptop drive.  Those cost more, but they would give your PC a serious performance boost.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,677 32,577 2,963 7,277
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CookiesCrumbs 

That message means the drive is failing and could go out any time -- could last for 6 months, could fail tomorrow.  No real way to know.

As to replacing it, the All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops with external keyboards and mice, so they generally take standard laptop drives.  It would be a LOY cheaper to get another drive than to get a new PC, but if this were mine, I would look into getting a  SATA SSD instead of a new laptop drive.  Those cost more, but they would give your PC a serious performance boost.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,882 4,816 533 2,083
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

you can certainly replace it
if other than that the computer was still working it might be worth it

[edit] oops sorry I did not see the answer

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

CookiesCrumbs
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I am pretty sure that I am at the "failed" point. 

I have replaced hard drives in standard "towers" before but will have to really look into how to actually get at the hard drive as I am not sure how to open it 🙂

Thank you for the response ... Cookie

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,882 4,816 533 2,083
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

check if it is this model

There are the manuals, but see if it' s good

Hard Drive Replacement Instructions

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

I recently noticed manuals which did not correspond to the computer, we had to look for them elsewhere

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

CookiesCrumbs
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just ordered this ...

HP S700 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 6MC15AA#ABC

I am hoping that this will resolve the issue. Thank you for sending that information as well. I was able to watch a YouTube video which went thru a HD change out as well and I realized that opening up the back wasn't hard at all.

My only concern will be that when I purchased the computer (from Best Buy) I don't recall any system reboot disks with it. Not sure how I will recreate that but I will come back to you guys if I run into problems.

Thanks so much ... Cookie

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation