Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2170m CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

My pc went out and it keeps going power saving mode. Our warranty is still active, so we wanna return it or get it fixed somehow however we’re not willing to drive a long way. We have switched out the cables but that didn’t work either. We looked on youtube and searched safari for ways to fix it and tried everything. Didn’t work either.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Going into power saving mode is something the monitor does, not the computer.

Do you see "no signal" and then "going into power saving mode" ?

Please try another monitor or connect a TV set using a different cable.

Connect the monitor to the cable tv box or set top (PlayStation, Xbox etc) and see if the monitor works with the same cable the computer had.  

If the motherboard has an HDMI port then try that port

If this was a complete system buy:  computer, cables, monitor then it is all under warranty and should not be doing this if right out of the box.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

We tried the methods you have suggested and we swap the monitors with an old monitor we have. It just asked us to check video cable. It did not work(?). We’re wondering if we should just buy a different monitor but we’re afraid the same thing will happen and our money will be wasted.

HP Recommended

As the other monitor did not work then there is a problem with the computer

The specifications for your system are missing from here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-2000a/2100367769/model/21007...

there is no parts list here 

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=TG01-2170m

There is no description of the graphics board or the motherboard.  I assume this is a fairly new system and the web site has not been updated.

I am going to have to guess on what you have

On many HP systems if a graphics board ls included then the built in video on the motherboard is disabled.

If you have a graphics card such as NVidia or Radeon then there is a single HDMI port and possibly 3 DisplayPorts.

You should be attaching the HDMI cable to the Graphics card and not the motherboard connector (if any)

Since you swapped out the monitor and the cables it appears the graphics card or the HDMI connector is defective.

Some graphic cards have a DVI connector.  I assume you are not using that type of cable and you have tried at least 2 different HDMI cables.

Your graphics card is defective.  If under warranty you need to take it in.

If  you have LEDs on the keyboard does one of them light up when you toggle the CAPS lock key?  Are any fans running? Disk light blink indicating disk activity for a few minutes when powered on?  Do  you hear the windows tada sound?

If answers are all no the system is not running and the problem is not just a video board

Do not spend any more time on this, please take it in.  If you have important files on the hard drive you might advise the service to return the original disk drive to you as frequently they will replace instead of repair.

1) Click on this link -
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web form and proceed further.

Explain what you tried:  swapping cables, connecting a second monitor, etc.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.