Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z220-CMT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last fall, I purchased an APC UPS unit for this machine.  I also installed the monitoring software which cam with the unit, APC PowerChute.  During the install process, PowerChute said it as "disabeling" the system power management features.  After that, the monitor power-off  and screen saver no longer functioned. So, I removed the PowerChute application. Doing so did not restore function to these features.  Since then, I have looked many times at the Windows power settings and the BIOS settings.  I even wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the OS.  Nothing I try seems to remedy this issue.  I am looking for options.

Thank you,

Norman D. Powell

Madison, IN, USA.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

> Since then, I have looked many times at the Windows power settings and the BIOS settings. 

> I even wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the OS. 

> Nothing I try seems to remedy this issue. 

Weird. 

The only two places where "power settings" can be viewed/changed are within Windows or within the BIOS.

There is no "cloud-storage" where such settings were stored, and could be retrieved.

Since you "wiped" the hard-drive and reinstalled, any previous settings within Windows have been lost/overwritten.

So, please look again within the BIOS settings.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

What you see in the photos below is all the power options I have on this system.  There is a "Thermal" which is only for the fans. The BIOS on this machine is v2.15.1229, copyright 2012 by AMI.  Next?

IMG_20180210_083800.jpgIMG_20180210_083833.jpg

HP Recommended

> Next?

Capture.JPG

Which "power plan" is your current plan? 

If you click "Change plan settings", what do you see?

HP Recommended

I apologize for taking so long to reply. I have tried several different power plans. Nothing changes. At first, I thought it might be a video adapter issue, so I tried a different one. I also tried the integrated video.

I am starting to believe the APC software may have altered something in the BIOS that I cannot change. Perhaps the solution would be a re-flash of the original firmware.

Thoughts?

HP Recommended

> I am starting to believe the APC software may have altered something in the BIOS that I cannot change.

Anything is possible, but I don't believe it, especially because the images you captured during BIOS SETUP do not show anything out of the ordinary.

> Perhaps the solution would be a re-flash of the original firmware.

Maybe, but I would be surprised if it did.

Please don't shoot this messenger. :Crying:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.