Did you mean: 
chez
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Preparing automatic repair

HP Recommended
Hp all in one

I know this has been answered to a degree before but...

my Pc suddenly went into Preparing Automatic Repair whilst I was working on it. I have tried the tests and they all Passed.  I tried going into F11 for system restore, but it goes straight back to black screen saying Preparing Automatic Repair.  Left it on for hours. No joy.  Turned off and on etc no joy. 
I get a blue screen sometimes saying ... We will restart your pc for you. Go to ...blah blah blah. 
nothing is working at moment. Don’t want to try a complete reset as cannot really afford to lose all info on it! 
anyone have any ideas please? 

1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,841 10,837 1,008 3,051
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While it is not posted which Windows version is being used, you can use Windows 10 install media to repair Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.  See here for the media download:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  Then boot the problem PC to this new media and pick repair instead of install.  If this fails to fix the problem, then you can use this media to reinstall Windows 10.  Assuming you wish to save your data from the drive before doing that, come back here for help.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation