Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq 8200 Elite MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with unscrewing the factory-fitted HDD, trying to unscrew the handle, I pressed the screwdriver to it, but the screw only turned without an offense, everything is so mounted that access is very difficult, which also does not make it easier

Sorry I added to wrong categories

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the manual for that

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04224518

The procedure for changing out the hard drive on that model starts on page 144 and following

I believe what you are having trouble with are actually pins and not screws.  You can see from the pictures and the procedure how to get the drive out in the open.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is the manual for that

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04224518

The procedure for changing out the hard drive on that model starts on page 144 and following

I believe what you are having trouble with are actually pins and not screws.  You can see from the pictures and the procedure how to get the drive out in the open.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

any shop can do this even blind folded. (a 9 year old PC)

3.5"  HDD Im sure.

I can not see inside any PC, here,  and matters, PC for sure  desktops  love to gain parts or changes over time.

see? called upgrades, or expansions, I cant see yours

the manual covers this at HP did you read that first RTM?

HDD 101.

first is pull the power cord from the wall,  so as not to ever hot swap parts inside any PC,

then remove the 2 Sata cables from HDD in question on some PCs (all mine) there is bank of HDD there not just one.

I remove the whole SATA cables there to there is room to work there and not do damage there. ok?

this PC has slide mounts, show in page

this PC has custom dell side screws on this drive, making the magic slider work, (love this I do)

page 91 is the first steps here, seen below

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/887448/Hp-8200-Elite-Series.html?page=107#manual

best is practice the extractions and insertions to learn this magic system, yes I am  gear head and love things like this.

p91

the trick i .

To remove a hard drive from one of the two lower internal hard drive bays, pull up on the
green hard drive drivelock mechanism (1) for that drive and slide the drive from the drive
bay (2)

see the lock? bingo , look ma. no screws to remove just  simple magic lock.

8200.JPG
SP is spare screws (wow just wow)
the lock is above, push it to right drives come out. these are HP (compaq) custom screws !!! SPECIAL
NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I did not even know that, apart from puffs, something else could keep him at bay if I understand correctly that it is still attached in some way or that something prevents unscrewing the screw

HP Recommended

I just managed to remove this disk, all I had to do was press the green one and take it out because it was already decoupled. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Great!  Good to have helped.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.