sausau_yaya
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problem with update via HP Support Assistant

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 595-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. When I wanted to perform an update on HP Support Assistant on January 17th, I unfortunately encountered a problem when I restarted my PC, even though the update was not interrupted. As my associated Windows 10 account has logged out, I no longer have access to some personal data, links, favorites and applications on my Windows 10 session. I tried to link my account anew but the same error message appears each time when I restart my PC: "We cannot connect to your account" . So I can't link my account and have my personal data back again.

Can you please explain to me how to link my Microsoft account or how to uninstall the updates that caused the problem? Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,649 6,633 625 1,482
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Restart the PC. Shut down using the power button before Windows begins to load. Do this three times.

This should load the Windows Recovery environment.

Use Troubleshooting in Advanced Options to try a system restore. Don't do the HPSA update again if this repairs the operating system.

You should be able to sych the PC by logging into your Microsoft account if you use this.

I run my PCs on a local account.

Regards

sausau_yaya
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Spoiler
Spoiler
Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate.

I tried to follow your instructions but there was no available backup before this bad update unfortunately. 1-2 days after I could not start Windows anymore so I had to start everything from the beginning.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation