Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360 - 15-aq273cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings!

I ran into problems after installing the latest bios update on my Hp Envy x360 - 15-aq273cl. We have tried to rollback the update, tried creating a usb back up bios, tried the system repair, nothing is working...the bios does not change from the most recent. Does anyone have an idea for how to install an earlier version of the bios? All was working well & it had good speed until this last install. Now, it freezes when opening programs or it takes a ridiculously long time to open and I can't print anything anymore. I don't know if Hp has purposely blocked access to previous bios versions but with all the problems everyone is having with this latest update, they should reconsider this decision. Please advise. Thank you.

Denise C

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Denise,

Please power down the laptop by holding the power button for 4 seconds, plug the power cord into the wall outlet and laptop.

Leave the laptop powered off.

Hold down the Windows key+B key and press the power button on the laptop for 2 seconds, then release the power button while continuing to hold the Win+B keys down until you hear a beep.

Then release all keys, this will rollback your BIOS to the last known working BIOS available.

It may help get you back to the previous BIOS, assuming your laptop supports this function.

You may have to try accessing it a few times til you hear the BIOS beep or the HP BIOS recovery screen displays. It may take a full minute of staring at the black screen, so be patient.

Good Luck!

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.