Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Thinclient T630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

At our office we are trying to perform a clean installation of our thinclients before supplying them with new settings.

Because we own more than 100 clients we want to deploy the image through HPDM.

I've downloaded an image file(ibr) through ThinUpdate for Windows 10 Sept 2018 Dutch.

I've created a task using template -> Import -> Image Files -> to deploy without PXE. The details are:

Title [OS] HP Win10 Sept 2018 Dutch
Create Time 2019/06/04 14:11:05
Installation Space (bytes) 14778722254
Architecture x64
OS Type Win10IoT-64
Model Type t630

When we chose send task and tell the thinclient to deploy immediately, the task gets stranded at the HP image tool saying sleep 10 seconds and redo imaging.

When we perform the task in cached mode and excute the task when it has been cached we receive the following error log:

2019-06-18 15:28:41 [Error code: 1083392] [Module: Agent] [Category: Other HPDM workflow error]
2019-06-18 15:28:41 [Error Details]: Deploy image using repository Local.
Failed to download 16WWFTCJ602_ABH_111217.ibr to C:\ from C:\Windows\xpeagent\.payloads\00003114\0\.
Failed to execute DeployImage task.
ErrorCode: 1083392, Error Info: ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Error Code: -1
..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: Poging om een programma te laden met een onjuiste indeling.
..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Error Code: -1
..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: Poging om een programma te laden met een onjuiste indeling.
2019-06-18 15:28:41 Failed to execute common task.
2019-06-18 15:28:41 ErrorCode: 1083392

The error in dutch says the program was in a wrong format which in my mind points to the architecture.

Because I still had the files on a flash drive, i've tried to install Windows through this way and it is succesful within 15 minutes which in my opinion means it is not a problem with the architecture.

We are currently running HPDM 4.7 SP11. Hope you can help me find the solution to this problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It may be caused by the image file that uploaded to HPDM system is corrupted. Could you please compare the file size and MD5 value of the image file located at HPDM system and the source image file? In the HPDM system, the image file locates at the <RepositoryPath>\Repository\Images\templatename\.

Did you try to deploy this image with a USB Key? If it works, you can try to re-import the image to HPDM and test again.

Besides, you can go to the test computer and post the imagingprocess.log here. The file locates at C:\windows\xpeagent\.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.