Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15t

Lately my laptop has been running slow and then all of the sudden the Start Menu (bottom left corner) and Search Bar aren't working. I've tried restarting my computer different ways and updating drivers but nothing seems to work.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ATorres8 -- if you press the "Windows" key (bottom-left-corner of your keyboard, does the Start Menu appear on your screen?

Did you accidentally switch your computer to "tablet" mode? 

There is a pop-up in the bottom-right corner of your screen that can enable/disable this mode.

HP Recommended

@Itsmyname the "Windows" button didn't work, however on the pop up bar there was an update I hadn't noticed before and it fixed everything. Thank you!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.