Level 4
160 4 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Processor Problem

HP Recommended
HP 110-000z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc is running slow and Stopping. When I go on a page, I get "Recover Webpage". I got McAfee three months ago. I contact McAfee about the problem. They Said it was my Processor. Could someone help me fix it.  

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,787 6,770 639 1,531
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would agree with McAfee's conclusion.

Your PC is about six years old. The processor is not upgradable, it is soldered down on the motherboard.

You cannot install a add in graphics card because you have no PCIe x16 slots on this board. This means the CPU must also render video output.

Adding some RAM may help but it may not be enough of a performance boost to overcome all of the MB's hardware limitations.

You could also swap in a SATA SSD to replace the platter HDD. This may improve performance. But, given all other hardware limitations the SSD swap and adding additional memory may not make much difference.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Web browsers can stress an under powered system.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation