cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Radeon rx550 not booting after driver reset and update

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today I decided I would give my pc a little love and decided to go through all the updates the support assistant wanted. Had three update done one of which was a BIOS update. Restarted and went back to playing games and watching YouTube. After playing some games I thought of how my drivers hadn't updated in a while. After searching around for a bit I realised I couldn't open WattMan or any other AMD software. I thought maybe for whatever reason it uninstalled itself. (As it has before after BIOS updates). Went to AMD website and downloaded latest driver and let the software auto-detect what Radeon GPU I was using. It said it was going to remove previously installed drivers and then install itself. It asked for a restart and now four hours after that its not booting and is just sitting there. Fans are spinning and keyboard/mouse are lit up. But both monitors I've tried say 'input not supported'. At this point they don't even say that they're receiving an image.Tried using both DVI and HDMI. Tried multiple cables. I'm afraid to hard reset after updating the drivers. Please help ;-;

Ryzen 7 8 cores

Radeon rx550 

16gb ram

3(I think) GB vram

1tb hard drive

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EDIT: Hard restarted and nothing happened 😪

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,080 19,039 826 879
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Redwood4
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Are you experiencing this issue on a monitor or with the computer?
  • Is your laptop or desktop working fine?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help! Had already used the digital assistant though and was able to successfully fix my problem.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,080 19,039 826 879
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Redwood4

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation