Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today I decided I would give my pc a little love and decided to go through all the updates the support assistant wanted. Had three update done one of which was a BIOS update. Restarted and went back to playing games and watching YouTube. After playing some games I thought of how my drivers hadn't updated in a while. After searching around for a bit I realised I couldn't open WattMan or any other AMD software. I thought maybe for whatever reason it uninstalled itself. (As it has before after BIOS updates). Went to AMD website and downloaded latest driver and let the software auto-detect what Radeon GPU I was using. It said it was going to remove previously installed drivers and then install itself. It asked for a restart and now four hours after that its not booting and is just sitting there. Fans are spinning and keyboard/mouse are lit up. But both monitors I've tried say 'input not supported'. At this point they don't even say that they're receiving an image.Tried using both DVI and HDMI. Tried multiple cables. I'm afraid to hard reset after updating the drivers. Please help ;-;

Ryzen 7 8 cores

Radeon rx550 

16gb ram

3(I think) GB vram

1tb hard drive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Redwood4
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Are you experiencing this issue on a monitor or with the computer?
  • Is your laptop or desktop working fine?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

EDIT: Hard restarted and nothing happened 😪

HP Recommended

@Redwood4
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Are you experiencing this issue on a monitor or with the computer?
  • Is your laptop or desktop working fine?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help! Had already used the digital assistant though and was able to successfully fix my problem.

HP Recommended

@Redwood4

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.