Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 24-df0000i (7US89AV)

Hi,

I recently purchased my HP all-in-one as new a couple of weeks back.

I received notification yesterday that Windows 11 was ready to install, so I went ahead & installed, however, the whole screen started random blackouts? I believe I have narrowed this down to happening when switching between tabs on my Edge browser, & clicking play on YouTube videos.

After much research, I have disabled Hardware Acceleration in Edge settings, which touchwood has resolved this. I just thought it worth posting here on the HP forum to get your input/advice.

I have post on the Microsoft community too, & have been advised to check so many things, such as drivers, bios, & so on, much of which I am reluctant to do because some of the driver checking websites look a bit iffy, & besides, I thought HP assistant was doing a pretty good job.

I also thought posting here might help others if they experience the same problem too with this 11 upgrade, & hopefully work on a fix with Hardware Acceleration on.

Thank you.

Ian. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ian32uk --  I have post on the Microsoft community too, & have been advised to check so many things, such as drivers, bios, & so on, much of which I am reluctant to do because some of the driver checking websites look a bit iffy,

I agree.

Given that most of that online information is NOT "user-experiences" with Windows 11, I would doubt that information. 

Also, you should presume that Windows 11, as just released this month, contains "better" device-drivers than one would find on any public web-site. It is just "too early" in the Windows life-cycle to trust any third-party web-sites.

Also, may of those "driver-update" sites have software that you need to purchase -- very iffy.

Finally, those driver-update packages seem to offer the "reference" device-drivers, as created by the manufacturers of the specific hardware, and compare to the "official" device-drivers that HP has modified.

So, installing the "reference" device-drivers may be a "downgrade" from the HP-supplied device-drivers. Avoid such sites.

I have disabled Hardware Acceleration in Edge settings, which has resolved this. 

That is not optimal.  I would revert to Windows 10 on your "production" computer, and use a "spare" computer to test-drive Windows 11.  Then, wait until the afternoon of the 2nd Tuesday of the next month, and then run Windows Update on the Windows 11 system, to get the latest updates, which may address your issues.  

Windows 10 will be supported by Microsoft until October 2025. So, there is no need to "rush" into Windows 11. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.