Level 1
14 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: ThinClient Imagin Tool - System does not have license for the image OS

HP Recommended

Hello,
I will try to describe situation: 

I play here with two HP Thin Clients T630.

In the beginning all updates were broken.
And I tried to delete all files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution related with Window Updates and nothing.

I tried sfc /scannow and only few errors but they are not critical.

I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
And now all updates  are okay without Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Cumulative Update...

I tried to reset Windows Updates and nothing.

I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:D:\sources\install.wim where install.wim is from this iso file 14393.0.160715-1616.RS1_RELEASE_CLIENTENTERPRISE_S_EVAL_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO.
But nothing.

My big troubles are related with to much RAM usage, for example  85% RAM usage, 15% are free, 45% used by the system, but 40% are missing, I don't know where they are used, I search now 40% RAM where they are used?
The T630 is with 4 GB RAM, and I only power on system, without addition software.

Other my trouble  is with 100% SSD Disk activities.
I can't determine what is wrong?
Write and Read operations are okay, but disk activities hit 100% all the time.

I tried to replace image  with Thin Update  Software from this Thin Client T630.
From Thin Update software I can download only Win10Iot Image 16WWFTCJ602 English (Setpt 2017)
I created successfully bootable flash drive with this image and I completed the process successfully.
But nothing changed..

Now I downloaded Linux Image and I put it in T630 successfully and everything is fine.
Now  I try to install  Win10Iot Image 16WWFTCJ602  but I receive error related with license?
"***Error*** The system does not have license for the image OS! "
I checked T630 Thin Client and I read the original image is 16WWFTEJ601.
But I can't find this version of image anywhere.......
The difference here is in the way how I create image, here I created image form desktop HP machine with HP Thin Update Software, not from T630 device with HP Thin Update Software.

Why I am in trouble now and with licenses? 

Someone with experience with HP Thin Clients?

2 REPLIES 2
emeke
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i tried installed embedded windows, it keep on giving me (System does not have license for the image OS)

0 Kudos
Wolfspyre
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had the same problem. I even bought a win10 enablement kit, but received nothing, the "software enablement" I was supposedly buying ended up going nowhere... (there are no assets whatsoever associated with the purchase/item according to HP. 

I got a huge runaround with HP. Wasted DAYS of my time. totally unprofessional and unhelpful, IMO.

(support says I need to talk to sales. Sales says I need to talk to thinclient support, thinclient support says I need to talk to OS support, OS support says I need to talk to sales, lather rinse repeat.)

pretty lame, all in all.

I'm STILL SOL.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation