Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p010, V8P09AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion 510-p010, V8P09AA#ABA.  I did a \Settings\Recovery\Reset this PC yesterday and let it do Microsoft Updates overnight.  This morning it still will not activate Windows 10.  It says: Something interrupted our troubleshooting.  Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again.  Error code: 0x80004005.  I've tried to Troubleshoot button and even called Microsoft.  Got some guy in India and he said their support tools are down right now and to call back in 2 yours.  I obviously have a legal product key since in came with this computer 2 years ago.  All I did was Reset this PC and now it is hosed.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Something must be stuck and if you google it, that error code pertains to a many different things, so that won't help.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this works...

I have zipped up and attached below, a free utility that will show you the product key in the PC's BIOS.

See if you can change/re-enter the product key to the one in your PC's BIOS in the PC settings menu, allows you to activate Windows.

Otherwise you are going to have to wait until the Microsoft guys can help, or you can clean install W10 using the media creation tool if they can't help you either.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Something must be stuck and if you google it, that error code pertains to a many different things, so that won't help.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this works...

I have zipped up and attached below, a free utility that will show you the product key in the PC's BIOS.

See if you can change/re-enter the product key to the one in your PC's BIOS in the PC settings menu, allows you to activate Windows.

Otherwise you are going to have to wait until the Microsoft guys can help, or you can clean install W10 using the media creation tool if they can't help you either.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

I've called Microsoft 4 times and gotten people who don't speak English and who read from a script.  I worked in IT support for 26 years and should be able to figure this out myself but I can't.  Very frustrating.  And HP won't help unless I pay them.  The PC came with Windows 10 so I know I have a valid license key. I just can't figure out what it is!

HP Recommended

By the way, that tool worked and gave me 2 different keys and neither of them works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.