Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 22-c0039 All In One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my new HP All-In-One Desktop computer 4 months ago and I often get notifications from HP to install updates some of which are important and others that are optional.  Alas I have no idea what any of them are but I always do the installations for the important ones whereas I don't usually install the optional ones.  

Could someone please tell me in the simplest terms possible ~ what is Realtek RTL 8xxx Series Wireless LAN Drivers for Microsoft Windows 10 (DCHU)?  This is like someone is speaking a foreign language to me 😲  

I'm afraid of doing one of these installations that I don't understand in case it causes harm to my computer.  For example, a month ago I had a HP notification to install something to do with my HP printer that has been working perfectly.  I clicked for the installation and it was taking a long time and eventually it failed and I've had no more notifications for this particular one (the printer).  And thankfully my printer has still been working great.  Enough said and thanks so much!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

This is as close as I can get....

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-22-c0000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/19391003/model/2270008...

If you can give the SKU: for your model please...

SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

#########

If in doubt please ask.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Just adding a bit more to the post I just did.  Does someone know of a site I can access to find the meanings of all these HP installations I keep getting notifications about?  I always Google search them but am not able to understand the sites I click onto it.  Thanks again.  

HP Recommended

Hi

This is as close as I can get....

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-22-c0000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/19391003/model/2270008...

If you can give the SKU: for your model please...

SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

#########

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have a Realtek adapter...

C:\>netsh wlan show drivers

Interface name: WiFi

Driver : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Provider : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Date : 22/03/2019
Version : 2024.0.4.108
INF file : oem4.inf

But you may have some later ones available, hence the message(s)

Realtek RTL8xxx Series Bluetooth Driver

1.7.1021.3000 Rev.S 2.3 MB Dec 6, 2019

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers
2024.0.10.209 Rev.S 13.0 MB Dec 6, 2019

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Sweet picture and name, LiL_Boy_Blue.  Thanks for your suggestions, I'll give them a try.  HP is supposed to update my messages sometime today and I think once I click onto the icon for the updated messages the exclamation point will disappear.  

HP Recommended

Prego.

HP Recommended

Could you let me know what Prego means 😉  

HP Recommended

I hope it comes across as...

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/italian-english/prego

you're welcome!

HP Recommended

Wanted to let you know I just finished downloading and installing the 3 OPTIONAL updates that I'd been putting off doing and they all installed successfully ~ Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Realtek Card Reader Driver and Realtek RTL 8xxx Series Wireless LAN Drivers for Microsoft Windows 10 (DCHU).  After reading the suggestions you all so kindly provided me with I thought it best to install them and be on the safe side.  

HP Recommended

Magic.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.