Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-3000i (4M0K0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Firstly, I haven't had a PC in years...I'm coming over from the Apple world and I've forgotten all the do's and don'ts of things. 

I'm going through the personalization/getting to know process.  I've searched on HP for the recommended drivers and it has listed 10 that are available.

They are for audio/video graphics, connection optimizer, bluetooth, chipset installation, card reader, WLAN, wireless LAN.  Release dates were from 2021-2023.

My question is am I supposed to download all of these?  I'm trusting these are compatible with my system since it has my PC information.  Right now I'm a newb so any information is appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TinaP333 

It is difficult to suggest specific downloads using 4M0K0AV. This product ID is generic to the following HP PCs using the Reno MB. Specific PC product numbers are as follows:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 231912.png

Check this Site to assist in identifying your specific HP Desktop product. Your PC's specific product number should match a PC on the previous list.

Plus it would be good to know the Windows 11 version. Open "Settings" in the Start Menu. Then check "About" in the "System" Menu. The current W11 version is 22H2. HP is providing W11 22H2 drivers for the Reno MB.

Driver updates are dependent upon your PC's hardware. Not all updates at the HP site you checked may apply to your PC.

The (BIOS, Diagnostics, latest Audio driver, latest Chipset and IMEI drivers, IRST and Realtek card reader) driver updates at the HP download site may be relevant if those HP drivers are newer than your currently installed drivers.

I don't know specific: graphics, network, or SSD hardware your PC has using 4M0K0AV. This is a need to know to select the correct driver updates.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Bill:

My computer is a Win 11, 22 H2, 64-bit system.  It's TP01-3055xt PC.

So should I just use the recommended updates from what Windows recommends when I check for updates, or is it alright to also use HP's recommendations as well?  The list of updates it showed me on HP was for a system with my above specs. 

If I downloaded them, and they were not the newest, and the ones on my PC were the newest, would they override my new drivers and replace them, essentially downgrading my PC? 

On the image you attached of the list various PCs, where can I go and find that specifically for my 3055xt?  I'd like to see what it says for my specific PC specs.

I guess now I'm just afraid to download drivers that I don't need that will negatively affect my computer.  

Thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

Hi @TinaP333 

My pleasure.

Thanks for providing TP01-3055xt . Entered TP01-3055xt at the driver download Site to check for specific software and driver updates. This HP site shows the product number (22U58AA) but goes to the generic (4M0K0AV) product number driver update site. The above product numbers don't match but the MB (Reno) is identical for both 22U58AA and 4M0K0AV.

The MB match is the driving factor indicating the driver updates would work on both product numbers.

This alternate HP Site shows the product number 22U58AA and product specifications for the TP01-3055xt PC.

HP normally provides a specific driver update site for each product. Your situation is yielding a different result.

I would think the driver downloads at the 4M0K0AV site apply to your PC but I don't work for HP. So I really don't know.

I would hang tight if your PC is working correctly. Your PC is probably using current drivers since you are running W11 22H2. Or try the HP W11 22H2 drivers at the 4M0K0AV driver download site. It's your call.

Contact HP Support for assistance if in doubt.

HP Support Assistant should periodically recommend relevant driver updates for you PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

Bill, thanks for further information and the links.  It is much appreciated!! 

Tina

HP Recommended

Hi @TinaP333 

My pleasure.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.