Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Accidentally Uninstalled Nvidia GeForce. Trying to do an image recovery, but need a windows 10 recovery disk. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

what exactly did you do ..
The computer starts normally?
Removing an Nvidia driver does not normally require a factory recovery
Please give the product number of the computer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended
Hi. Thanks for the quick response. 
The product number of my computer is 
M1W11UA#ABA
Model number is
M7-N109DX

I downloaded the windows 10  update. Microsoft lost my pin so I had to reset it. 
My computers cpu usage was running really high and there were no apps open. So I did a virus scan with my Macafee software. No virus.
Its been running a bit weird lately, (the only way I can get it to wake up from sleep mode is to turn it off. It doesn't respond when I push buttons or touch the screen). So I decided to Uninstall some media programs that I installed a while back to try to get my wma music files back (that windows 10 took from me!). I thought the Nvidia GeForce was one of those. I uninstalled it and it needed to restart my computer. So I restarted it.
Now all I get is a blue screen that asks a keyboard layout, then 2 options: troubleshoot or turn off pc.
When I select trouble shoot I get the recovery manager or advanced options.
I'm not sure if there's a hidden virus or Trojan, or if windows 10 updated did something, or me uninstalling that Nvidia did this. But it apparently needs a system restore, and I need a disk in order to do an image restore rather than factory reset. 
BTW I did back up my files onto my external hard drive. 

Show quoted text
HP Recommended

ok,

read the documents and try the different options to reinstall windows

Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally

Use the following steps to restore your computer when Windows does not open normally.

Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi. I tried the instructions from the links you gave me, but it doesn't work. When I repeatedly press the F11 key, or hold shift and windows buttons, I can't get to that options screen. 

All I get are 'troubleshoot' or turn off pc.

I click on trouble shoot and the only options I get are 'recovery manager' or 'advanced options.' When I click on 'advanced options', I see the system restore. But when I click on that, I get an error (see pic) that tells me to pick an operating system. But I can't access that option when I restart my pc? 

16078772914203960257269089262986.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi. I tried the instructions from the links you gave me, but it doesn't work. When I repeatedly press the F11 key, or hold shift and windows buttons, I can't get to that options screen. 

All I get are 'troubleshoot' or turn off pc.

I click on trouble shoot and the only options I get are 'recovery manager' or 'advanced options.' When I click on 'advanced options', I see the system restore. But when I click on that, I get an error (see pic) that tells me to pick an operating system. But I can't access that option when I restart my pc? 

1607877608144748679472467073476.jpg

HP Recommended

you try this ?

• Use one of the following methods to open Windows Recovery Environment:
    • Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
    • Click Start

. While holding down the Shift key, click Power, and then select Restart. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the Choose an option screen opens.
  • On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-m7-n100-notebook-pc-touch/9365082/model/9365240/documen...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.