Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@wideboater wrote:

I have two PCs and would like to remove the OS,W10, on one and replace it with W7. It would then be removed from the net and not used online and I would be able to use programmes that ran happily on everything since 98se up to W7. However, I am unable to shift W10, do a W7 installation over the top or anything else. I have even tried DBAN using Rufus on a USB stick to no avail. 

I have tried so many ideas gained from Google that I can't remember the various happenings other than during attempted W7 installs I am informed that a file has not been signed off. I suspect that before advice of cyberpunk fashion can be given I will need to repeat here the various attempts, optimistically, if only for my sanity, this won't be required but if so I shall have to start again and make notes.

Any help appreciated.

I purchased a W7 disc when it came out to escape its predecessor so that isn't a problem, but thanks.

HP Recommended

Is there something missing on the previous post?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, since you can't boot from the DVD drive and you can't see it in Windows, I wouldn't be able to help you get W7 on there.

Wiping the hard drive would not help.

If by some chance you ever get W7 installed, at least you have the drivers you need to get it running right.

HP Recommended

W7, at least in part, is installed. Clicked on all programmes and got this picture. Programmes can be opened.

It was installed following your post re Legacy and Secure Boot.IMG_20200701_142630 (Medium).jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.