Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavillion 690-0010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i decided to reset my computer cause ihad tried everything i know to fix the issues. But after i reset my computer, it was doing its thing and then it just got stuck on where it looks like its booting up and see the dots moving in a circle and then it eventually gets to a blue screen where it says its at 64% done but then just keeps restarting and repeating,  and its been stuck on the same thing for 3 or 4 days, ibe tried going into the menu by pushing i think its f4,  and then i choose to startup and recovery but when i get to that blue page with options my keyboard and mouse like die and wont work so i can choose an option, but they workand come on for all the other things, just that specific page. Please someone help me, i know some about computers but when it comes to this not so much.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI,

I sounds like you may have a hardware problem; the HDD or memory. I am thinking this because you had problems and decided to reset the PC.

Start the PC, tap "ESC" to see if you can get to the HP UEFI Startup Menu.

Select "F2", run system tests.

You could also, as a test, try a clean W10 install by creating W10 installation media on a different PC. You can get the media creation tool from Microsoft at this (Link).

Boot to this media. Do a Custom installation. Delete existing partitions using the tool.

Start the installation. Choose "I don't have a product key" when prompted for the key.

it is probable you have a hardware problem if this process also fails.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.