Ramgopal02
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Resetting is not complete

HP Recommended
23-q141in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a system reset last night and since 10.00 pm till this morning I am getting a message saying Resetting this PC 99%. There is a indicator rotating continuously. Is this normal or should I do something about it?

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

No, this is not normal.

I can't find your PC using 23-Q141in.

You could try installing W10 clean by creating installation media on a different PC (Link).

Do a Custom install using the correct W10 version now installed on your PC (should be 64 bit W10 home)

Delete all existing partitions.

Select "I don't have a product key".

Windows should activate post installation.

You should be able to get some HP drivers and software at your PCs download site. Can't direct you there because I don't know the product number.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ramgopal02
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to fix the issue by simply shutting down the power and switching back on again. Windows 10 completed the resetting of my desktop normally after that. 
Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation