Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to remove LoJax from HP products?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BoogerD 

I have LoJax on my laptop and it is NOT malware of any kind!  Instead, it is an application that uses the Internet to track and locate the position of my laptop, such that if it is stolen, when the thief then connects to the Internet, I will get notification of their location so I can provide that to the authorities to have them arrested and charged.

I can not see WHY you would want to remove this -- as it is a valuable theft prevention tool.

Unless -- this is someone else's laptop and you do not want them tracking it -- and in that case, I will not provide any assistance in removing it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You have LoJack not LoJax.  Check with ESET and HP.

HP Recommended

@BoogerD 

You're right -- sorry -- did not look closely enough.  I guess that's one way to infect folks -- create malware with a name that is so close to an established product that folks don't recognize the difference.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.