WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,696 32,596 2,966 7,281
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BoogerD 

I have LoJax on my laptop and it is NOT malware of any kind!  Instead, it is an application that uses the Internet to track and locate the position of my laptop, such that if it is stolen, when the thief then connects to the Internet, I will get notification of their location so I can provide that to the authorities to have them arrested and charged.

I can not see WHY you would want to remove this -- as it is a valuable theft prevention tool.

Unless -- this is someone else's laptop and you do not want them tracking it -- and in that case, I will not provide any assistance in removing it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
BoogerD
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have LoJack not LoJax.  Check with ESET and HP.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,696 32,596 2,966 7,281
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BoogerD 

You're right -- sorry -- did not look closely enough.  I guess that's one way to infect folks -- create malware with a name that is so close to an established product that folks don't recognize the difference.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation