Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using Windows 10 Embedded (64 bit) (OS version: 10.0.14393.2214.

I can't find a way to create a Auto Logon with the user.

1. I've tried editing the Unattend.xml to auto logon with the user.
2. Edited the registry in the install.wimfile with regload and unload to add autologon.
3. Added commandline steps with reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /T Reg_SZ /D **** /F for example
4. Created packages and applications to import a .reg file with the changes.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04920485. Also tried the step on page 40.

I'm out of options. Anyone know a way to fix this. It always seems to disappear after the task sequence.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Oh, I also tried this by package application or commandline:
cmd /c c:\windows\system32\autologcfg.exe /u:User /p:User

HP Recommended

Also AutoLogon.exe in SMSTSPostAction and as a commandline doesn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.