Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1280t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP! My system suddenly quit working. The following message has been shown on the screen:

Processor Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU@3.20GHz

L1/L2/L3 Cache Size: 32KBx6 / 256KBx6 / 12288KB

Memory Size: 16384 MB DDR3 / 1600 MHz / Quad Channel

Channel A: XMM1 4095 MB

Channel B: XMM2 4096 MB

Channel C: XMM3 4096 MB

Channel 😧 XMM4 4096 MB

BIOS Revision/Date: v7.10 02/23/2012

1730-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure.

Failing Drive: SATA5

Failing Attribute: # 05.

Is there some way that I can get this fixed without reinstalling Windows? Please help and understand I don't talk computer talk. Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, you will only have the wrong hard disk, the one with the operating system installed, is the one that gave you the error, the others are secondary, those hard disks are still good and you can recover the data.

:Wink:

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI.

I am afraid that the only solution would be to replace the hard drive, SMART errors are imminent failures. It is always convenient to make backup copies with some other device and more if sterno personal data

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Another crazy question. I have several harddrives in my PC. Are ALL of them shot? I had saved a few thousand songs and quite a few thousand pictures on several different harddrives. Are they all lost?

HP Recommended

No, you will only have the wrong hard disk, the one with the operating system installed, is the one that gave you the error, the others are secondary, those hard disks are still good and you can recover the data.

:Wink:

HP Recommended
Thank You Jesus!!! Oh, and thank YOU too!
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

HP Recommended
Now if I can just get it fixed...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.