Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 27-a010 All-In-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am selling my Pavilion 27-a010 All-In-One.  I need to know how to do a factory reset so that all of my personal info/apps etc are removed from the desktop.  I also need to know if the current version of Windows 10 will remain installed so the new user can turn on the computer like it was just out of the box.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have some options available to reset your PC back to factory settings.

Method:

1-Use the HP Recovery partition on the primary HDD.

Restart your PC. Tap "F11".

Follow the prompts to reinstall the factory image.

2-Purchase Windows 10 HP Recovery media for your PC at this HP Support site (Link) if the recovery partition method fails. You have a Touch PC, is this correct?

3-Install windows 10 clean by creating W10 installation media using this Microsoft site (Link). This method is not quite back to factory settings. Some HP software will be missing. You may also have a different version of Windows 10.

The above methods don't cleanse the HDD. This means your personal data may be recoverable if one wants to find the previous bytes not over written by a format and new operating system installation.

It is best to destroy (keep) the current HDD. Install a new drive. Then reinstall the operating system on the new drive using methods two or three.

The next best option is to wipe the existing OS disk (Link) before reinstalling the operating system on this disk. You may have to pull the HDD and connect it to a different PC to wipe it. This depends on what disk wiping software you use.

Don't know how far you want to go with this.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.