Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite Convertible Minitower PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The problem from the start is that in error messages appear to update the BIOS and firmware and after updating the BIOS this error occurred and change the input UUID FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF 

I'm all in need if I go back to the original number until the device returns to the Internet28740845_1623918454354474_639988282_n.pnghhhhhh.png

These images show the error in changing ID uuid

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Does the back-panel of your computer look like the following?

Is there a similar white-coloured label on it?

Does the text on the label show the UUID?

HP Recommended

There are no white stickers behind or from a special front uuid

My ID DA8E56C7-D2A7-11DE-BBDA-DE5F131C1CC1

What I need is no way to rewrite

In the field uuid

HP Recommended

>  What I need is no way to rewrite In the field uuid.

Are you saying that you want to prevent the changing of the UUID of a computer that is "in the field" ?

If so, then define a BIOS SETUP password, to prevent any person from changing the value in that field.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

My friend problem from the beginning was in error messages to appear in the start of the device to update the BIOS and firmware and after updating the BIOS disappeared the global unique identifier and turned to

FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF

And also your Internet integrated mac TO FFFFFFFFFFFF

What I need is a tool to fix these IDs

The picture shows

unnamed.jpg

HP Recommended

> And also your Internet integrated mac TO FFFFFFFFFFFF

That is weird.  Can you enter BIOS SETUP, and "disable" the integrated network adapter, and then add-in a PCI network adapter (with a "reasonable" MAC-address) ?

> What I need is a tool to fix these IDs.  The picture shows.

The picture does not show, until a moderator views the picture, and "approves" it, to allow it to be displayed.  This may take a few hours (today is "Good Friday", when many moderators are taking a day off).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.