Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G2 Destop Mini

Hello,

I have a problem with this computer. When I plug-in the power cord, a short front red led blink occurs. After that, when I try to boot the system both front white leds turn on but instantly they turn off and I get a very short red blink. Of course, the computer doesn't boot up.

I think it could be a motherboard related problem. Do you know how could I repare it?

Thanks

Edit: I realised that, if I remove de CPU, I get a "3.5 The processor is not detected" error... Could the problem be caused by a defective CPU?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would look at the power supply. It could also be a motherboard problem or a component connected to the motherboard. A bad power switch should also be considered. This last possible cause includes a bad power switch header on the motherboard or the switch itself.

Try starting the PC using a bare bones minimum configuration. Also disconnect unnecessary peripherals.

It could be a bad CPU if you see an error message after removing the processor. Can you try a different, compatible CPU?

Very good idea to remove the CPU. CPU failure is unusual.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I obtained another identical computer which works perfectly to test.

I tested the new power supply and the problem persists. I opened the broken computer and removed everything but the main board, CPU and the fan. No hard drive, no RAM memory and no peripherals. Here I should get a "No RAM memory error", but the problem persists and, after a very short red blink, the system stops (Also the fan start to work, but only during de blinks). In fact, after a CMOS reset pressing the board button, now the system repeats the white blink, red blink, 1 second delay indefinitely meanwhile the power supply is connected.

Due to the "3.5 The processor is not detected" error, I tested the working computer CPU on the broken one and the problem persists.... It seems that, when the CPU tries to start, something goes wrong and the BIOS get restarted...

Is something I could test?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.