cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarralee8
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

So I tried everything my computer won’t hard reset and I forgot password and have no disk

HP Recommended

I have a pc hp pal ion and only used it a few times it’s 2 yrs old and I can’t remember the password so when I retry to factory reset it goes threw the process and the says error no changes been made I.. I don’t have disk or a Thor computer or flash drive as I live way out in the boonies can someone plz help me fix this as I paused a lot of ***bleep*** money am I’m ready to smash this pc and tell the world what hp really stands for

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,841 30,733 3,072 7,587
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tarralee8 

So, you failed to spend even two minutes to write down your password -- and NOW you're ready to smash your PC as a result!  And this is HP's fault how??

We are not permitted to assist in resetting passwords due to HP Policy.
--------------------
For Admin password resets, you have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly for assistance.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
--------------------
For BIOS or power-on password resets, because the password is encoded onto a chip on the motherboard, replacement of that motherboard is required. HP does not reset the BIOS password on the current motherboard.

If you are not prepared to spend the money to get HP to replace the motherboard, you would have to take the PC to a local repair facility to see if they can do it for you -- but we can not assist in that in any way.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation