cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kake1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

So on Easter my computer died and I just turned it back on to start my homework and Won’t work

HP Recommended
Probook4540s
Other

My computer won’t turn on it keeps making me do “memory tests” which I’ve done at least 5 times and won’t go back to the normal screen. I really need help I need to do my homework. I’m freaking out. This is the website it told me to go to. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,696 32,596 2,965 7,280
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kake1 

What happened when it died? We need the details.

Also, have you run the memory tests -- and if so, what do they report?

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Kake1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When it died it just went black then I went to plug it in. Then today when I went to use it a black screen with white letters that says “HP Basic system diagnostics” at the top then it says “HP Basic system diagnostics 1.3.0.0” then it says “for more information visit www.hp.com/go/tech center/startup” then below that it says “memory test” “hard disk check” “language” and “exit” and you can pick one of the three. When I do the memory test it takes 12 minutes. When it is done it says “memory test: passed” then it says for more information visit the website again” then under that it says “back to main menu” then it does it all over again.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,696 32,596 2,965 7,280
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kake1 

Sorry to hear that ... how old is the PC?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation