Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I turn it on it starts powering up then sounds like it powers down the shuts off and restarts with the same on repeat no screen visual just keeps repeating please help!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This sounds like short circuit protection (SCP) being activated.  The power supply detects a short and shuts down but does not turn off so it keeps repeating.

If a real fault in motherboard then remove any video card, hard drive etc.  Leave only one stick of memory and see if it boots.

While you do not have a standard ATX power supply I suspect HP includes protection and possibly the power supply  is defective and thinks there is a short when there is none.  There are videos and diagrams to show how to bypass the SCP on atx power supplies.  I do not know about custom HP ones.

This happened to me and the system worked when I substitute another power supply that I kept as a spare.

Try to borrow an HP power supply to verify it is not the motherboard.  You may be able to take it to a repair center first and have them verify the power supply is the problem.  If the problem is the SCP the voltages will measure as normal but the system will shutdown when connected to anything, even an automobile headlamp bulb.  A good technician could verify this.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.