Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All in One

I have r

had a power cut and my computer suddenly went off.   It now will not reboot.   As soon as the computer comes on I have to select a keyboard layout.  Then troubleshoot comes up.  I have selected all options but to no avail.  It will not let me do a HP Recovery because the following message comes up x:\source\recovery\tools\HP\Rita-tool\.   Then I get Run Comp checkup, and the only option on the next page is command prompt which then brings me to Titled page Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.  Please help 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The HP Hard Drive Self Test can repair most errors. Turn on the computer and press f10 to boot into the BIOS Setup and select Hard Disk Test. Restore the system to a known good configuration using Microsoft System Restore. Turn on the computer and press f8 and then select Boot into Safe Mode.

check your hp mouse clicking speed at cpstest.org

fbvideodl.com

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I have tried this and it still does not go into safe mode.  I have not got a back up disk either. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.