Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z820 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have tried every driver provided by HP for the z820 workstation need a sas controller driver. Does anybody have a solution???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Sick of getting the run aroundmissing sas controller.pngsas controler.png

Not sure why this community even exist it does not help anybody never had one valid answer out of this community. BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME EVER. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP DEVICE EVER IN MY LIFE 

missing sas controller.png

AnonWatch
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Let's see if you can get one for once...

I will need some more information before I can answer your question.

Please post the hardware ID for the SAS Controller that needs the driver, because all I see in your screenshot is an Other Devices category with no devices needing any drivers.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

device id.png

AnonWatch
HP Recommended

You need this driver for that device...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (RSTe) Drivers and Graphical User Interface (GUI) for serial ATA (SATA) RAID controllers in supported workstation models that are running a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98397.exe

If it doesn't install automatically, manually install the driver as follows...

Go to the device manager and click on the device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp98397

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted...

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
iaStorS.sys = 1,,,
;
[INTEL.NTamd64.10.0]
;windows_10_64-bit and later

%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D60&CC_0107
%Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D61&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D62&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D63&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D64&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D65&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D66&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D67&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D68&CC_0107
%Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D69&CC_0107
%Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6A&CC_0107
%Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6B&CC_0107

HP Recommended

already had that driver installed and it did not do anything still have the same issue

AnonWatch
HP Recommended

It should have worked.

You can see that the hardware ID you posted is supported by the driver.

Try the advanced manual installation...

Go to the device manager, click on the sas controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, but this time at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp98397\Drivers_RSTe_4.3.0.1198\iaStorS, click Next, and see if the driver installs that way.

If that doesn't work either, the only other suggestion I can offer would be to try the storage driver directly from Intel.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28890?v=t

It worked for a forum member who posted the driver on this discussion...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/No-Windows-10-driv...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.