Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting blue screen with message about stop code IRQL Not less or equal.  Looks like W10 v1903 is downloading and trying to install.  Failed multiple times.  I turned off update since I could not get anything done. And just recently I received a Stop Code : Memory Management. Need help resolving this issue

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Is your PC now running okay using the previous version of Windows 10?

This problem has many causes.

Try the update with only a monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

Run a Check disk (Link).

Run HP Diagnostics (Link). Power on your PC, press Esc, then F2 at the prompt. Choose System Tests (Fast Test performs a 4 minute hardware check).

Disable third party Anti-Virus software only when doing the update.

I can point you to a technical Microsoft troubleshooting site (Link) for problem resolution. Read the entire document for assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. The PC is an HP Pavilion All-in-one 24.  There was not an issue with running W10 v1803 but it now happens frequently.  I turned off the automatic update for v1903 until I can see what is issue. Unfortunately it is still happening.  

I ran the checkdisk and the Fast Test (both completed successfully).  I have Webroot from BestBuy that was disabled and I also removed MacAfee.   Still have the issue.

Reviewed the documentation that you recommended from Microsoft but it is more technical than I can figure out.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Running Webroot and McAfee at the same time is not recommended.

The Microsoft link is a technical document for programmers.

I don't what else to tell you. You may have a hardware, or hardware driver problem, or system software that is causing a Windows 10 1903  update problem. 

You have some other issue if your PC is no longer loading Windows 10 1803.

What is your current status? Can you load Windows 10 1803?

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.