Jean2502
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sunflower motherboard Memory Ram Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Pallion 590-p0044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having an issue determining compatibility of the memory ram of my Pavillion 590-P0044 - Sunflower motherboard. HP specifications says the the computer came with 8 gb ddr4 2666 mhz y 4 gb ddr4 2666 mhz,  but in the same website Hp says that the mother board only support 2400 Mhz, it actually says "Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)". Is this a HP mistake ? Can somebody help me ?

1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,895 42,133 4,634 12,318
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It isn't a mistake.

Faster compatible memory will downclock to the motherboard's default bus speed.

Your desktop PC's motherboard will support up to 32 GB of compatible memory. There is a source for guaranteed compatible memory at the link below this line.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-590-p0044

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation