SIN_LBH
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

System Recovery: Not the same disk size as at delivery

HP Recommended
Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Wiederherstellungsmanager: Die Festplatte dieses Computers verfügt über eine geringere Kapazität als die ursprünglich im Lieferumfang enthaltene Festplatte. Der Wiederherstellungsvorgang kann nicht fortgesetzt werden.

EN: HD of this PC has lower capacity then the original HD. System recovery can not continue.

How do I solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Prométhée
Level 15
Level 15
3,108 3,067 329 1,319
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
if the hard drive is smaller
You must always have the windows product key, if the computer is with a version before windows 8
Found an installation dvd of the same version and use the key for activation, then download the missing drivers from the product page

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,452 29,362 2,676 6,467
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SIN_LBH 

Just to provide you some more details -- HP Recovery works by formatting a drive and trying to recreate the ORIGINAL partitions on that drive, and then repopulating those partitions.  If the new drive is a lot smaller than the old drive, that process will fail.  There is no workaround for that, as the recovery is intended to restore the PC with equipment that matches the original.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
SIN_LBH
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is the original equipment. Thats the problem!

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,452 29,362 2,676 6,467
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SIN_LBH 

I'm confused by your answer.  You said the new HD is smaller than the original, so the new HD can not be the same as the original.  Are you saying it's the same brand because that should not matter.  The size of the two HDs has to be pretty much the same.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 15
Level 15
3,108 3,067 329 1,319
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In this case, everything must be specified from the beginning!
What type of recovery do you do, from what media, recovery disk partition, other?
In some cases, it may be ultimately your problem, when you perform a certain recovery function, it is indicated that there is not enough space ..
In this case it is necessary to carry out a complete recovery

exact computer model, current operating system and the original one.
if it is different?

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation