Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Wiederherstellungsmanager: Die Festplatte dieses Computers verfügt über eine geringere Kapazität als die ursprünglich im Lieferumfang enthaltene Festplatte. Der Wiederherstellungsvorgang kann nicht fortgesetzt werden.

EN: HD of this PC has lower capacity then the original HD. System recovery can not continue.

How do I solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
if the hard drive is smaller
You must always have the windows product key, if the computer is with a version before windows 8
Found an installation dvd of the same version and use the key for activation, then download the missing drivers from the product page

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@SIN_LBH 

Just to provide you some more details -- HP Recovery works by formatting a drive and trying to recreate the ORIGINAL partitions on that drive, and then repopulating those partitions.  If the new drive is a lot smaller than the old drive, that process will fail.  There is no workaround for that, as the recovery is intended to restore the PC with equipment that matches the original.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

It is the original equipment. Thats the problem!

HP Recommended

@SIN_LBH 

I'm confused by your answer.  You said the new HD is smaller than the original, so the new HD can not be the same as the original.  Are you saying it's the same brand because that should not matter.  The size of the two HDs has to be pretty much the same.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

In this case, everything must be specified from the beginning!
What type of recovery do you do, from what media, recovery disk partition, other?
In some cases, it may be ultimately your problem, when you perform a certain recovery function, it is indicated that there is not enough space ..
In this case it is necessary to carry out a complete recovery

exact computer model, current operating system and the original one.
if it is different?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.