Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP19-2020 all-in-one Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have used System Restore many times in the past.  After updating to Windows 10 from Windows 8 I am unable to use it.  I follow the same instructions as before and have tried several past dates from which to restore.  It makes the attempt and then advises "unable to complete."  Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are trying to use the F11 Recovery Manager after the Windows 10 upgrade, it seems that feature gets corrupted by the upgrade.  It would reinstall Windows 8, so that might not be any benefit anyways.  About the only way to run the windows 10 recovery is to use the Windows 10 installation disk or make one from the Media Creation tool from the M$ site.

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media"

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you are trying to use the F11 Recovery Manager after the Windows 10 upgrade, it seems that feature gets corrupted by the upgrade.  It would reinstall Windows 8, so that might not be any benefit anyways.  About the only way to run the windows 10 recovery is to use the Windows 10 installation disk or make one from the Media Creation tool from the M$ site.

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media"

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Apply the below-given steps carefully in order to restore Windows 10 PC or Laptop

1. Start Windows 10
  2. Open the Start Menu, type Recovery, and press Enter
  3. On the Recovery screen, click on the Get started button on the right side under Reset this PC
  4. If prompted to Insert Media, you will need to insert your Windows 10 installation media to continue
  5. Click on Remove everything
  6. If your PC has more than one drive (partition) on the Windows 10 disk, then select to remove all files (delete) from only the Windows drive or from all drives.
  7. Click on either Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive for how you want to clean your drive.
  8. Click on Reset to begin.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.